Friday, January 20, 2012

Stange Sounds Are Global

So apparently, the Canadian sounds that I posted about aren't just Canadian......as I've learned over the past few days apparently the Mystery Sounds are being heard across the world.  I don't know if these sounds are some sort of natural phenomenon, a hoax or viral marketing, but I must admit, I find it fascinating.



I've read several ideas about what the source of the sound could be....everything from the movement of tectonic plates, nuclear explosions within the earth (which they then lead to Hollow Earth Theory), magnetic fields being amplified acoustically, to signs of Earth's impending 2012 doom.



I personally don't buy into the whole 2012 end of the world gag.  I've had MANY arguments and debates with folks about the "impending doom facing out planet".  Others will argue that there must be something to it because everyone keeps talking about it and there are specials on TV about it and OH MY GOD!  HOLLYWOOD HAS EVEN MADE A FILM ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Look, we live in a time when information has never been so easy to pass to the rest of the world.  With the invention of YouTube, Facebook and any other number of applications for your PC, phone, tablet...etc, it is now easier than ever to connect with the entire world.  So it would make sense that when something such as the Mayan Predictions come along, it's going to take off and go viral.  If you look back in history, just about every single day that you have lived, someone else has predicted THAT day as being the end of the world.

Strange Sounds were even captured on live TV before a baseball game!  Check it out:


Look what happened to Mr. Camp's predictions!  People bought that hook, line and sinker!  People actually hired people to take care of their pets for after they "ascended".  True believers sold ALL their worldly possessions in preparation for the coming rapture on May 21, 2011.  Guess what....on May 22nd, they were checking into a homeless shelter.



If this is a hoax....then I say well done!  I don't get made at hoaxers because you know what?  As many times as people have pulled paranormal hoaxes, they still manage to capture the imagination of  a city, state, country or in the case even the entire world.....and you know what?  I think that's a good thing.  Even for just a little while to capture people imaginations and even if it scares them.......let them believe in something otherwordly. In a world where we can get lost in the day to day grind sometimes we need something to take us out of our comfort zone.  We need something to make us think.



I love it when they announce that there's a new Bigfoot video or UFO video or what-not.  I watch shows like Destinations Truth and Fact or Faked:  Paranormal Files.  I watch them because I want to believe in such things.  I love, love, LOVE living in a world where everyday I can find some new video that supposedly shows a chupacabra, or (one of my favorites) flying witches in Mexico.








If this is a viral marketing scheme, then it's probably one of the coolest since The Blair Witch Project.  I really do enjoy the cinema-verite style films like Blair Witch, St Francisville Experiment, The Last Broadcast and Apollo 18.  For me it kinda falls under the same tent as hoaxes.  Even though you know it's fictitious, they purport themselves to be true in order to further sell the story.

So what do you think?  What are these strange noises?  The Earth speaking to us?  A massive war beneath our feet?  Perhaps aliens?  Another dimension trying to merge with our own?  Some sort of unprecedented paranormal event?  Hoax or viral marketing?  Guess we'll have to wait and see......more than likely it will end up as just another one of the worlds unexplained mysteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment