Sunday, June 2, 2013

Miami Connection.....The Greatest Lost Action Movie of the 80's



This movie is goddamn magical.  I'd heard about this for a while and it had fallen off my radar until I recently came across Rob Freese's write up in the latest Phantom of the Movie's Videoscope (Issue #86).  I immediately jumped on Amazon and ordered a copy of the Blu Ray.  After watching the special features I'll put up a full review of the disc on Midnight Cinephile, but I just couldn't wait to jot some thoughts down on this 80's action masterwork.

Ninjas on Motorcycles?  Check.  Cheesy 80's band called Dragon Sound singing a song called Against the Ninja?  Check.  Sword fights, bikers, bikini clad chicks and Taekwondo?  Check, check, check and....check.   The acting is absolutely amazingly atrocious, the special effects are wicked 80's lo-fi and the martial arts choreography is pretty wonky too.  In short, there is nothing that I don't absolutely LOVE about this film.  I want to show it to everyone I meet.  This movie has single-handedly reminded me why I love movies.

Now how about a Dragon Sound tune?


No comments:

Post a Comment